Our team is growing... again!
Who we are:
The Sōl Collective, a shoe, apparel, and gift boutique in Aspinwall. We are looking for the right person to be our partner in spreading joy daily and actively participating in helping our small business grow. It's not just another creative job or all about selling products. It's about creativity, positivity, and contribution!
Our team is curious about fashion trends and always gets excited when new product arrives. Teamwork is everything to us, especially when we are busy! We love working hard, problem solving and going above and beyond to serve our customers. We truly enjoy investing time getting to know our clients and helping them realize their confidence and personal style!
An unpaid creative internship position that will focus around creating content for social media, developing graphics in Canva for social and our website, keeping our website pages looking fresh in Shopify, and utilizing our photo studio to shoot products for marketing. Kiersten, our owner, had manyyy internships as a journalism major looking for experience, and believes in giving young, developing creatives opportunity to flex their muscles while building their resumes and gaining experience in a positive, uplifting work environment. Our business is growing rapidly, and the reality is we would like to have more content publishing more frequently and a more rapidly updating website than we do currently. We are in need of extra hands and brain power to increase our output to continue driving exposure.
Additionally, we are open to creating a longer term, paid position for someone who excels with us. As we grow, we would love for a person who has the right creative strengths, positive mindset, and excellent work ethic to grow with us!
- Local to Pittsburgh
- Have a positive, upbeat attitude.
- Must enjoy being a self starter and coming up with content ideas weekly
- Be open to learning (ie. how to utilize Shopify and Canva, how to shoot product properly, brand details, how we do what we do at the shop, our values, being knowledgeable about what's happening in the footwear/fashion world, etc.)
- Have interest and excitement around trends, styling, footwear, and building engaging graphics/posts/videos
- 5-10 hours/wk total (Retail is cyclical. Some periods like now (mid-fall), holiday, late spring, and early summer are busier than others and will require more content)
- Our standard store hours are: M-TH 10-6 and F-SA 10-5. Because we are busy in the middle of the day, ideally we would like to see you in the shop/office twice per week and sometime between 10-12pm or 3-5pm. Of course, we are open to discussion and are flexible when necessary.
Interested in applying?
In the form below, please include:
- One fun fact about ya.
- Two reasons you think you'd be a good fit for this role.
- Why you want to join our Sōl Squad.
- Links to any social media accounts, websites, or creative work you feel are a good representation of your imagination and skillset.
We are sooooo excited to meet whoever you are, and can't wait to get started!