We are hiring (Again! Yayyy!)
Who we are:
Hi!! We're The Sōl Collective, a shoe, apparel, and gift boutique in Aspinwall (with a secondary, pop-up launching this October in Lawrenceville - woo!) We have an opening in our Sōl Squad at our headquarters in Aspinwall, and we are looking for the right person to be our partner in spreading joy daily and actively participating in helping our small business grow! This is definitelyyy NOT another standard retail job. It's all about creativity, positivity, and contribution.
Our Squad is curious about fashion trends and always gets excited when new product arrives. Teamwork is everything to us, especially when we are busy. We love working hard, problem solving and going above and beyond to serve our customers! We truly enjoy investing time getting to know our clients and helping them realize their confidence and personal style.
Customer Experience and Sales position highly focused on teamwork, customer-relationship building, and selling based on strong product knowledge and service. We are looking for someone who loves being customer facing, enjoys the challenge of a bustling store, and wants to help continue to build a positive, uplifting community amongst our team and clients.
If you also have interests in marketing, social, visual merchandising etc. there is always room to grow with us, so feel free to let us know where your interests lie. Our business is growing rapidly, and we are always open to creating a longer term, well-rounded position based on whatever strengths you might bring to the table.
- Must enjoy customer interaction and respect a higher-end retail environment.
- Be open to learning (ie. fitting footwear, learning our 30+ brands, becoming familiar with our processes, entering product inventory when goods arrive, keeping shop organized etc.)
- Have a positive, upbeat attitude.
- Be social media versed and have interest in learning/creating videos about product/styling.
- Have interest and excitement around trends and fashion. Find enjoyment in your personal style.
- Available Fridays and Saturdays - our two busiest days of the week!
- 15-20 hours/wk total (This may increase in time if you are open to it, as our business continues to rapidly grow! Some things to keep in mind: Retail is cyclical. Some periods like fall, holiday, late spring, and early summer are busier than mid summer and mid winter, so hours may shift slightly during those slower periods.)
- Aspinwall Location: Friday, Saturday, and a rotating day during the week are days we are looking for part-timers to overlap with our full time associates typically around 11am-3pm.
- Our standard Aspinwall store hours are: M-TH 10am-6pm and F-SA 10am-5pm. The 11am-3pm window is usually our busiest time of day, and currently the timeframe when we need extra hands on the shop floor.
- Lawrenceville Location: If you are looking for additional hours, we will be adding shifts at this location after getting settled in October. We're sure the holidays season will open more opportunity there.
- Pay starts at $13/hour as a sales trainee**
- Pay range $15-17/hour for sales associates, with bonus potential
- Increases in pay are dependent on a few things. 1. growing a solid knowledge base around product 2. bringing the right attitude and work ethic to team and customer interactions 3. growing your personal sales 4. Increasing your contribution to the business 5. Becoming independent on the sales floor
- We are a specialized shoe boutique with many processes and brands to learn. Additionally, fitting someone properly is important to us and our customers. It takes some time to learn it all and grow out of relying heavily on other team members for accurate information and quick service. Please know: our goal is to help you transition out of a trainee role and into a full blown sales associate as quickly as possible!
- We believe in long term, performance-based compensation and hope you'll want to grow with us.
Interested in applying?
In the form below, please include:
- One fun fact about ya!
- Two reasons you think you'd be a good fit for this particular role.
- Why you want to join the SōL Squad.
We are sooooo excited to meet whoever you are, and can't wait to get started!